Thursday, May 10, 2012

This week

This week I have been lacking on the design inspiration for the blog.  Luckily I received the Rue Magazine to be able to write that last post.  Work has been a little on the slow side the last couple weeks.  Luckily I have my bathroom and kitchen renovation next week to occupy my time.  I've been a little down and out and think I need a vacation.




This is my first source of happiness... yummy plate of hot cookies!




I have been needing a Happy Place.  (Everyone at work I think needs to go to their happy place too.)  Usually my Happy Place consists of some place sunny, quiet and a beach.  Well I have that in my backyard!  We fully took advantage of that yesterday, but now it it starting to get a bit warmer so a palm tree is needed in my Happy Place.  


Now that I live in a tropical Caribbean paradise, I'm thinking my Happy Place needs to transport itself.  I think in my new spot, I want to go somewhere a little cooler where I can wear pants and *gasp* maybe even a cardigan!  Do some major sightseeing and actual shopping.  


San Francisco fits my wish list.  Steven and I are really wanting to go here together.   I have only been once and that was 2001.  Sign me up.


NYC also checks the boxes on my list.  Steven and I went here together in October during our month of not working... (that month turned in to 6 more weeks, but I digress.)  It is the perfect city for sightseeing, shopping, and eating.


I know it isn't right for me to complain or feel like I need a vacation; I live in such a gorgeous place.  In the words of Chandler Bing from Friends "My diamond shoes are too tight."  But sometimes you just need to get away, right?  

On the plus side, our move here has brought our marriage that was already close, even closer.  It has allowed us to spend a lot of quality time together.  It is a test being so far from family and friends that you must be able to rely upon each other.  Steven and I have been able to learn more about each other and really appreciate each other so much more.  I think a vacation from our "living vacation home" would only improve it.  When we do eventually move back to the States and start the hustle and bustle of "real life" again we are going to miss this time of togetherness.  We are so thankful that in the five months we have been here, we have gained so much.  

That's all I wanted to say today that 1) I need to go to a Happy Place and spend the rest of the week, maybe next week too. and 2) Steven and I have gotten so much closer. 

Sorry no design tips today.  Eventually I want to talk about lighting as a design dilemma and hopefully next week will update on the renovation that will be under way!!  



No comments:

Post a Comment