Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Welcome to my first post.

Last night Steven and I were sitting on the couch watching "The Voice," yes we enjoy the reality singing competitions.  Steven said to me Why don't you start a blog, surely there aren't any design based blogs in Cayman?


Now I love blogs, I get sucked into blog after blog for hours on end.  Surely I can not make a blog can I?  Well here goes...


Palm Trees & Damask you ask?  It is a good metaphor for where I am right now, as well as, my design philosophy.  The Caribbean has such a cool, casual, and comfortable feel, but as it is a melting pot, people expect a little something extra special.  As far as my own personal design philosophy, I strive to create comfortable, inviting spaces with touches of elegance.  (Also palm trees are a little nod to South Carolina.)


I have to warn you, this blog will feature a whole bunch of beautiful images!  That amazing invention Pinterest (Follow me) is such a useful tool as a designer that it will definitely come in handy for posts.  My design philosophy will always come into play with every post I write.  I will discuss current projects, other design related items, and a little of life in the Cayman Islands.


My first posts will certainly be rough around the edges.  I am going to need to learn how to do things on the internet with photos and collages, etc.


I am excited about the possibilities that this blog holds.


Thanks so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment